Meet Your Las Vegas Orthodontist
Dr. Allison Tomlin is very passionate about orthodontic dentistry and the quality of care for her patients. Each of her patients is extremely important to her. They present a unique puzzle to be solved: how to make their teeth and face balance in the most attractive and functional manner? She must call on her knowledge of science, medicine, and art, along with psychology, to help patients achieve their “Absolute Best Smile.”
The best part of her work is when she shows a patient their “Before” photos and then their “New Smile.” The look of joy, amazement, and pride on their faces is something that continues to delight. This is especially true for those patients who have had a dramatic improvement in appearance and function. It’s a blessing to know there are so many people who have benefited from the care she has provided, who now have a lifetime of beautiful, healthy, and confident smiles.
Why an Orthodontist in Las Vegas?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Tomlin continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Tomlin has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Las Vegas Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Las Vegas orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Las Vegas orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Mountain West Dental Specialists is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Las Vegas area.